Whilst I'm at home I've been doing lots of baking. Can you complete one of our baking challenges?
If you manage make something delicious food, please email me on email@example.com so I can share your amazing work on this page!
Turn the oven about 240C/220C Fan/Gas 8.
Spray a bit of oil on two large baking trays and put two tortillas on each.
Rub the cut side of the garlic all over the tortillas
Spread the tomatoes over the tortillas.
Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Add any extra toppings you wish to have on
Pop the tortillas in the oven to bake for about 4-6 minutes until the cheese has melted
Remove the tortillas from the oven and slide onto serving plates.
Miss Jackson's Sweet and Sour Stir Fry
You can use any vegetables that need eating. I usually use:
2 bell peppers
2 portions of egg noodles
To make the sauce:
a spoon full of cold tap water
a spoon full of corn flour
a spoon full of ketchup
a spoon full of honey
a dash of vinegar
1. Put some oil into a hot frying pan
2. Chop your vegetables and put them into the frying pan. Cook until soft.
3. Whilst the vegetables are cooking. Place all the sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir.
4. Once the vegetables are soft add your fresh egg noodles into the pan and cook for 5 minutes
5. Add the sauce to the pan and stir until all the food is covered in it.
Miss Jackson's Rocky Road
1. Grease and line an 18cm square brownie tin with baking paper.
2. Place 200g digestive biscuits in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin or just the side of your fist until they're broken into a mixture of everything between dust and 50p-sized lumps. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan melt 135g butter or margarine, 200g dark chocolate and 2-3 tbsp golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly until there are no or almost no more lumps of chocolate visible, then remove from the heat. Leave to cool.
4. Take the biscuits, 100g mini marshmallows and up to 100g of additional ingredients (dried fruit, nuts, popcorn, honeycomb), if you like, and stir into the chocolate mixture until everything is completely covered.
5. Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hrs then dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 fingers.
Can you make some shortbread?
Mrs Wilkinson has made a video on how to make shortbread this week. To watch the video, click on 'fun things to do' then click on 'story time' and you will find the video in there.
Can you bake a brownie?
Heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line a 20x30cm/8x12in baking tin with baking paper.
Gently melt the butter and the sugar together in a large pan. Once melted, take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted.
Beat in the eggs, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the top of the brownie is firm but the inside still feels soft.
Take out of the oven and cool in the tin. Cut into 5cm/2in squares when cool.
Yummy Fruit Kebabs
You might like to try making some fruit kebabs for a healthy snack. You can use any fruit for these, just use what you have. It can be fresh fruit or tinned, they are both just as healthy. If you don't have skewers, you could make mini kebabs using cocktail sticks.
You will need;